Cookery Bootcamp for Teenagers - 2 Day
This two day course provides older teenagers* with a total immersion in cookery skills. If they are going away to university, travelling on a gap year or setting up home on their own, this course will equip them with the basic knowledge to buy, prepare and cook meals for themselves. Starting from scratch, with plenty of hands on cooking, the skills and techniques covered will include:
- Putting a menu together - balance and nutrition
- Hygiene - essential guidelines
- Shopping - budgeting and seasonality
- Safe and effective knife skills
- Grilling and pan-frying meat and fish
- Vegetable preparation and cooking methods
- Cooking with eggs
- Mince-based dishes and sauces
- Bread, pastry and simple desserts
(*Aged 15 years and over)
The course is taught by Maggie Harvey and runs each day from 10am to 3.30pm with a light lunch included.
Bunk barn accommodation for over 18's with free shuttle transport is available at Swinton Bivouac
If you are looking to book a course within 48 hours of the course date, please call Swinton Park on 01765 680900 so we can confirm places are still available.