Cooking with Star Quality Two Day Masterclass - French Cuisine
Stephen Bulmer has spent his career working with top chefs in some of the best restaurants in the world. This course features dishes from some of these restaurants and the culinary techniques behind them. Steve will also teach you techniques for preparing ahead, cooking multiple portions at the same time and how to present your dishes with a professional finish.
Dishes typically included are:Breads
Hazelnut & Raisin, Milk and Seed BreadCalamari stuffed with Fresh Herbs, Tomato Passata
Grilled FoccaciaConfit of Swinton Trout, Pickled Vegetables, Wasabi & Cucumber DressingBraised Lemon Sole with Scallops, Lemon Sabayon,
Noilly Prat JusPigeon PastillaPoached, Stuffed Chicken Leg with Wild GarlicGrilled Pork with Basil & Parsley, Deep-Fried CourgettesChocolate PlateVanilla Mousse with Nantais SableYorkshire Rhubarb Compote
Techniques covered in this course include:
- Bread making - understanding roles and relative proportions of ingredients; kneading, proving and baking
- Fish filleting, preparation of fresh squid, confit and grilling cookery methods
- Preparation and portioning a bird, de-boning of leg, method for stuffing and poaching
- Pickling technique for vegetables, making batter and deep-frying technique
- Making of sauces including sabayon, tomato sauce and flavoured jus
- Range of dessert techniques
- Advanced presentation skills
The above dishes are representative of the recipes taught on this cookery course. However, Swinton Park Cookery School reserve the right to change any or all of these dishes, as circumstances require.
This course must be booked a minimum of 3 days in advance i.e. by 5pm on the Friday preceding the course date.