Stephen Bulmer has spent his career working with top chefs in some of the best restaurants in the world. This course features dishes from some of these restaurants and the culinary techniques behind them. Steve will also teach you techniques for preparing ahead, cooking multiple portions at the same time and how to present your dishes with a professional finish.
Dishes typically included are:
Hazelnut & Raisin, Milk and Seed Bread
Calamari stuffed with Fresh Herbs, Tomato Passata
Confit of Swinton Trout, Pickled Vegetables, Wasabi & Cucumber Dressing
Braised Lemon Sole with Scallops, Lemon Sabayon,
Noilly Prat Jus
Poached, Stuffed Chicken Leg with Wild Garlic
Grilled Pork with Basil & Parsley, Deep-Fried Courgettes
Vanilla Mousse with Nantais Sable
Yorkshire Rhubarb Compote
Techniques covered in this course include:
The above are representative of the style of recipes taught on this cookery course. However, Swinton Park Cookery School reserve the right to change any or all of these dishes, as circumstances require.
- Bread making - understanding roles and relative proportions of ingredients; kneading, proving and baking
- Fish filleting, preparation of fresh squid, confit and grilling cookery methods
- Preparation and portioning a bird, de-boning of leg, method for stuffing and poaching
- Pickling technique for vegetables, making batter and deep-frying technique
- Making of sauces including sabayon, tomato sauce and flavoured jus
- Range of dessert techniques
- Advanced presentation skills
This course must be booked a minimum of 3 days in advance i.e. by 5pm on the Friday preceding the course date.