We have a series of three cookery courses featuring French cuisine, focusing on regions famous for their distinctive recipes - Gascony, Provence and Normandy & Brittany.
The Cooking of Gascony
Dishes typically included in this course are:
Preparation and Cooking of Foie Gras
Classic Salad Paysanne
including Gesiers, Duck Ham & Poached Egg
Poule au Pot
Duck Confit with Celeriac Remoulade
Prune & Armagnac Tart
Techniques covered in this course include:
- Techniques and timings for bringing a warm salad together
- Salad dressings and variations
- Preparation of meats for Cassoulet and Poule au Pot
- Duck preparation, marinade and 'confit' cookery technique
- Professional technique for making and rolling pastry, benefits of using a flan ring, techniques for freezing pastry ahead of time
The above dishes are representative of the recipes taught on this cookery course. However, Swinton Park Cookery School reserve the right to change any or all of these dishes, as circumstances require.