French Cuisine: Cooking of Provence - Cookery School Day Course
We have a series of three cookery courses featuring French cuisine, focusing on regions famous for their distinctive and delicious recipes - Gascony, Provence and Normandy & Brittany.
The Cooking of Provence
As well as being know for it's sunshine, Provence is a region of huge culinary variation - from sheep reared on mountain sides covered in fragrant, wild herbs; to farms producing the ripest, most flavourful fruit and vegetables; to the coast with its bountiful harvest of fish and shellfish. Our course will enable you to recreate wonderful Provençal dishes, so reminiscent of summer holidays, at home.
Dishes typically included on this course are:
Globe Artichoke, Mustard Vinaigrette
Soup au Pistou
Tomato Tart with Tapenade, Onion Compote & Goat’s Cheese
Roast Lamb, Tian of Provençal Vegetables
Roast Monkfish Tail with Provençal Mussels
Lavender Crème Brulée
Techniques covered in this course include:
The above dishes are representative of the recipes taught on this cookery course. However, Swinton Park Cookery School reserve the right to change any or all of these dishes, as circumstances require.
- Artichoke preparation, dressing technique and variations
- Knife skills in preparation of the soup, flavouring variations
- Provençal tart preparation techniques and variations
- Lamb preparation, searing and roasting
- How to tell when meat is cooked, importance of resting meat
- Vegetable preparation, cooking and construction of a tian
- Fish filleting, shellfish preparation, sauce preparation and variations
- Crème Brulée preparation and alternative flavourings
- ← Previous Product Next Product →