We have a series of three cookery courses featuring French cuisine, focusing on regions famous for their distinctive recipes - Gascony, Provence and Normandy & Brittany.
Cooking of Normandy & Brittany
Dishes typically included in this course are:
Trout with Sorrel
Pork Escalopes with Calvados
Tarte au Sucre d'Yport
Techniques covered in this course include:
- Fish filleting, preparation of mussels, fish stock for sauce
- Preparation and meat cookery methods for the pheasant and pork, including searing, resting and how to tell when meat is cooked
- Cooking methods for sauces and garnishes
- Professional technique for making and rolling pastry, benefits of using a flan ring, techniques for freezing pastry ahead of time
- Clafoutis batter and preparation, seasonal variations
The above dishes are representative of the recipes taught on this cookery course. However, Swinton Park Cookery School reserve the right to change any or all of these dishes, as circumstances require.