We will be running a series of three Fish & Shellfish courses in 2014 - Atlantic, Mediterranean and Pacific Rim - each of which will cover key techniques for filleting fish and breaking down shellfish in preparation for a range of delicious, healthy dishes from that region.
Atlantic Fish & Shellfish Dishes
Favourite dishes from Britain and Northern France made with Haddock, Mackerel, Sole and Shellfish.
Dishes on this course will typically include:
Soused Mackerel with Rhubarb
Lemon Sole with Brown Shrimp, Beurre Noisette
Poached Sea Trout with Samphire, Lemon Sabayon
Skate Wing with Jerusalem Artichokes, Brown Chicken Stock, Rosemary Beurre Blanc
Techniques covered will include:
- Fish filleting and breaking down shellfish
- Various cookery methods of fish and shellfish eg pan-frying, poaching
- Preparation of fish stock and brown chicken stock
- Sauce making - beurre noisette, beurre blanc
- Vegetable and garnish preparation and variations
The above dishes are representative of the recipes taught on this cookery course. However, Swinton Park Cookery School reserve the right to change any or all of these dishes, as circumstances require.